google.com, pub-6109943078000460, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System

Bookmark and Share

I have been having more difficulty understanding the dialogue in TV shows and movies lately... I am getting older and yes, I did listen to loud music in the 70's. I have tried a couple of different solutions like a bluetooth transmitter & headphones, which worked ok but I don't like to have the headphones on for long and it has to be kind of loud for me, and with a different sound bar which really didn't help much over the TV's own speakers. So I ordered this Bose Solo 5 system since it mentioned improving the clarity of dialogue. Well I have to say that it does. It first turns on in a "standard" mode and sounds pretty "regular" in that mode; really no big difference between it and my prior sound bar. But once you press the "dialogue" button on the remote, you can definitely hear a difference in clarity. I was pretty skeptical, but it really does help me understand much better what people are saying. It is an obvious improvement. I am adding a photo of the button on the remote you need to push to enable the dialogue mode since it wasn't obvious to me. When the dialogue mode is on, the green status light on the sound bar changes in color to amber, but you will be able to hear the difference, or at least I could. I should mention that some of the bass seems to be reduced when in dialogue mode but it also seems to me the voice frequencies are enhanced and not just pumping up the treble. I gladly give up some of the bass for the clarity. You can always just press the dialogue button a second time to toggle back to the regular sound settings if you prefer. Truthfully, I thought I would send this system back if it did not make a big difference since it is a bit pricey, and I am definitely not sending this back.

See more reviews about : Bose Solo 5 TV Sound System



You Might Also Like

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment