google.com, pub-6109943078000460, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers

Bookmark and Share

I am by no means an audiophile but I also didn't want cheapo junk speakers and I also wouldn't benefit from anything more expensive. I did alot of research and had a thread going on overclock dotnet. I gave myself a budget of $100 as I wanted better quality sound then cheap PC speakers and felt anything more than $100 for me and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Originally I was looking at getting these Mackie CR3's:
Mackie CR3, 3" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors

They have very good reviews, arent super large and appear to be high quality. While a minor thing, and not even close to the reason I chose the 1280T's, but I wasn't a fan of the green theme of the CR'3. My system is read and black themed, desk is dark brown wood grain, and most else is black.

Someone in the forums I mentioned brought up these Edifier 1280T's and I had never heard of them before. They also had relatively few reviews here. The reviews they did have though were good, specifically from the other 2 customers who mention the CR3's as well. Not being real into audio I figured if people vouch for the sound quality of both then I should consider all other factors.

The 1280T's are larger (4" vs 3") which depending on the space you have could be a plus or minus. For me I had enough room and figured if I could get bigger speakers for the same price I should consider it. Also the 1280T's have the controls on the side which I like, a elegant aesthetic to them that I think would fit in with more than the green of the CR3's, and they include a simple but useful remote. The 1280T's also have AUX RCA which I liked. The CR3's do have the ability to switch Right/Left however. I also like the front cover of the 1280T's.

I just got the 1280T's setup and the quality was noticeable as I was taking them out of the box. They have that weight all quality electronics have to them. Everything was packed reasonably well and 0 damage to any items in the box. Got them hooked up in a minute or 2 to my PC and was blown away at the sound quality, even at lower volumes. One of my problems prior with a cheap bullet speaker was that dialog was hard to hear. Not with these the vocals/dialog do not get muddled by the bass or mids.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers

Not being an audiophile the best I can do to describe the sound is to say its much more lifelike than any other speakers I have in my house or have heard when I'm out shopping. It sounds natural, not like I am listening to speakers. I am also hearing instruments and sounds that I did not before in various songs/media. I would 100% recommend these to anyone with the same budget and needs as me.

It was also recommended to me that I get a better cable than what comes with the speakers. This is the cable I got and while generally the cable doesnt matter to me the quality of this cable also impressed me.


 

Buy cheap Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers now.

You Might Also Like

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment