google.com, pub-6109943078000460, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black

Bookmark and Share

Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black

Last month my wife received an Amazon Echo as a gift for Mother’s Day. We’ve spent a month now learning how to use this marvelous device, and we like it so much my wife decided to give me an Amazon Echo Dot as an early Father’s Day gift. I received it earlier today. Like its older and larger sibling, we both love this awesome device. I installed it in my home office entertainment center, so it has become our upstairs music maker.

My new Echo Dot has only a very small internal speaker that (surprisingly) still manages to sound good. Maybe not as good as our full-size Echo with its built-in 2-inch tweeter and 2½-inch woofer, but certainly better than any of my smart phones or tablets, or my laptop. I decided to connect my Echo Dot to my 5-channel surround home theater system with a 3.5mm-to-dual RCA jack audio cable. With “Dot’s” audio being pumped through the five speakers of my surround system, and I can fill the entire upstairs with audiophile-quality music whenever I want.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black

Although Echo Dot is about one-tenth the size and weight of an Echo, it is every bit as capable as its larger sibling. Both devices respond to identical “Alexa” commands and perform the same set of skills. However, “Dot” has two distinct technical advantages over Echo: it has a vastly improved far-field recognition capability, and it can be connected to external speakers or an audio system with a cable (which must be purchased separately.)

In the same way my wife’s Amazon Echo solved our downstairs music “problem,” my new Echo dot has provided a similar solution for the upstairs area of our house. Echo Dot is a brilliant device that earns my highest recommendation.


Buy cheap Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black now.

You Might Also Like

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment